New Book in Apologetics!
THE YOUNG CHRISTIAN’S SURVIVAL GUIDE: COMMON QUESTIONS YOUNG CHRISTIANS ARE ASKED ABOUT GOD, THE BIBLE, AND THE CHRISTIAN FAITH ANSWERED, by Donald T. Williams, Phd. Cambridge, OH: Christian Publishing House, 2019
What are some of the questions covered?
- You claim the Bible is inspired because it says it is, right (2 Tim. 3:16)? Isn’t that circular reasoning?
- You claim the Bible was inspired, but there was no inspired list of which books that is true of. So how can we know which ones to trust?
- With so many different copies that have so many differences, how can we even know what the Bible says?
- Why can’t the people who wrote the four Gospels get their story straight?
- Didn’t the Council of Nicaea just arbitrarily pick the books for the Bible that they agreed with and suppress all the rest with political power?
- People used to believe in miracles because they didn’t understand science. Don’t we know better than that now?
- That a man rose from the dead takes a lot of believing. How could you ever have enough evidence for a belief like that?
- Science has proved that human beings evolved over millions of years rather than being created in six days. Why are you still clinging to ancient myths?
- Just because the Bible is true for you, why does that make it true for me?
- How can you base your modern life on a book that was written for a primitive culture?
- Doesn’t the Bible support genocide?
- Doesn’t the Bible support racism?
- Doesn’t the Bible support slavery?
- Doesn’t the Bible support homophobia?
- Doesn’t the Bible support the oppression and abuse of women?
- There are so many religions, all sincerely seeking the same goal. What makes you Christians so arrogant that you think yours is the only way?
- What about those who have never heard the Gospel?
- If God is a God of love, why did he let my loved one die?
- How can it be just for God to impose an infinite punishment (Hell forever) for finite sins?
Order from Amazon or click here for an introductory discount from the publisher:
Donald T. Williams, PhD, is R. A. Forrest Scholar at Toccoa Falls College. A well-known Inklings scholar, he is past president of the International Society of Christian Apologetics and the author of eleven other books, including Deeper Magic: The Theology behind the Writings of C. S. Lewis (Baltimore: Square Halo Books, 2016) and An Encouraging Thought: The Christian Worldview in the Writings of J. R. R. Tolkien (Cambridge, OH: Christian Publishing House, 2018).